|Sl.||Name of the Faculty||Educational Qualifications||Specialization||Designation|
|1||Alekshya Ray Ghatak||M.A.||Magazine Journalism||SACT-II (UNRESERVED) More than 10 Years|
|2||Anuja Bagchi||M.A, Ph.D.||Sociology of Culture, Social Stratification, Globalization||SACT-I|
|3||Arunima Mukherjee (In-Charge)||M.A.||Public Relations||SACT-II|
|4||Avijit Mondal||MBA., Diploma in Computer Applications||Marketing||SACT-II|
|5||Abhik Bhattacharjee||M.Sc in Media Science; Advertising and Mass Diploma in Video Editing Communication & Compositing; Diploma in Image Editing and 2D animation.||Advertising and Mass Communication||SACT-II|
|Sl.||Name of the Faculty||Session -2019-2020||Session -2020-2021|
|1||Alekshya Ray Ghatak|
|2||Anuja Bagchi||Sem-I,||Sem-I, Sem-II, Sem-III, Sem-IV, Sem-V, Sem-VI|
|3||Arunima Mukherjee (In-Charge)||Sem-I, Sem-II, Sem-III, Sem-IV, Sem-V, Sem-VI|
|4||Avijit Mondal||Teaching Plan|
|5||Abhik Bhattacharjee||Sem-III, Sem-IV||Sem-III, Sem-IV|
Research activity 2014-2021
|Sl.||Type of publication from the Department||Number|
|1||Books/Book chapters/Paper Published in National/
International Conference Proceedings
Online student seminar held on 10th September, 2021, thorugh Google Meet.
|Webinars held on:
15th August, 2020
|27th August, 2020
Topic: Influence of Media on Mental Health During the Pandemic
|12th May, 2021
Topic: Prospects in Digital Marketing
- A Student’s Seminar was held on 30.09.2015. Its topic was Photo Journalism, Radio as a Mass Media, Cartoons, TV, Page Layout, History of Journalism. Another students’ seminar was held on 21.09.2017 on Social Media Communication.
- Wall Magazine: Wall Magazines are regularly published on various media related issues.
- Special Lecture organized by the Department:
- A Seminar on Social Media and Film titled, ‘Understanding Social Media & Recent Trends in Bengali Film’, was held on 7th December 2017. The speakers were Prof. Abir Chattopadhyay, Departmental HOD of S.A. Jaipuria College, & Mr. Agnidev Chatterjee, noted Film Director.
- A Seminar was held on 16.02.2015 titled ‘Public Service Role of Media’. The Speakers were Diptatanu Banerjee (correspondent News time) & Prof. Abir Chattopadhyay, Departmental HOD of S.A. Jaipuria College.
- Film screenings are regularly organized in the Department.
UGC-sponsored seminar on ‘Media Economics and Politics in Post- Globalization India’, was organized jointly by the Departments of Economics, Political Science, Journalism and Mass Communication, Gurudas College in collaboration with Calcutta Research Group on 22nd and 23rd September 2016 Dr. Anuja Bagchi was one of the Convenors of the seminar.
Alumnus Subhajit Dutta’s documentary film ‘Bagnan Er Rupali Kotha’ was screened in last the Kolkata Film Festival.