- Department: Zoology
- Qualification: Ph.D.
- Contact No: 8981850388
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- Area of Specialization: Neurobiology, Cell Biology & Molecular Biology
- Research Interest: Major research interest centered on Cell biology, Molecular Biology and Cancer Therapeutics
- Teaching: Since 2015 as an Assistant Professor of Zoology at Gurudas College
- Professional Membership: 1. Environmental Mutagen Society of India (EMSI)-Life Membership. 2. All India Congress of Cytology and Genetics(AICCG)- Life Membership. 3. Toxinological Society of India (TSI)- Life Membership
- Research Projects: 12 years of research experience on Cell Signaling and Cancer Therapeutics
Babli Halder, Shruti Singh, Suman S.Thakur.Withania somnifera root extract has potent cytotoxic effect against human malignant melanoma cells.PLoS One 2015; 10(9): e0137498.
Debapriya Mondal,Bhaswati Ganguli,Sugata Sen Roy,Babli Halder, Nilanjana Banerjee , Mayukh Banerjee , Maitreya Samanta , Ashok K. Giri and David A. Polya. Diarrhoeal health risks attributable to water-borne-pathogens in Arsenic-mitigated drinking water in West Bengal are largely independent of the microbiological quality of the supplied water. Water2014; 6(5): 1100-1117.
Shubho Das Gupta, Babli Halder, Antony Gomes, Aparna Gomes. Bengalin initiates autophagic cell death through ERK-MAPK pathway following suppression of apoptosis in human leukemic U937 cells. Life Sciences 2013; 93(7): 271-276.
Babli Halder, Shubho Das Gupta, Aparna Gomes. Black tea polyphenols induce human leukemic cell cycle arrest by inhibiting Akt signaling: possible involvement of Hsp90, Wnt/β-catenin signaling and FOXO1. FEBS Journal 2012 ; 279(16):2876-2891.
Tanaya Das, Shamik Bhattacharya, Babli Halder, Archita Biswas, Shubho Das Gupta, Antony Gomes and Aparna Gomes. Cytotoxic and antioxidant property of a purified fraction (NN-32) Of Indian Naja naja venom on Ehrlich ascites carcinoma in BALB/c mice. Toxicon 2011; 57: 1065-1072.
Babli Halder, Udayan Bhattacharya, Sibabrata Mukhopadhyay, Ashok K. Giri. Molecular mechanism of black tea polyphenols induced apoptosis in human skin cancer cells: involvement of Bax translocation and mitochondria mediated death cascade. Carcinogenesis, 2008; 29(1): 129-138.
Udayan Bhattacharya, Babli Halder, Sibabrata Mukhopadhyay, Ashok K. Giri. Role of oxidation-triggered activation of JNK and p38 MAPK in black tea polyphenols induced apoptotic death of A375 cells. Cancer Science, 2009; 100(10):1971-1978.
Babli Halder, Udayan Bhattacharya, Sibabrata Mukhopadhyay, Ashok K. Giri. Antimutagenic, Anticlastogenic and Anticancer Effects of Black Tea Polyphenols: A Review. Perspectives in Cytology and Genetics, 2007; 13: 288-297.
Babli Halder, Swapan Pramanick, Sibabrata Mukhopadhyay, Ashok K. Giri. Anticlastogenic effects of black tea polyphenols theaflavins and thearubigins in human lymphocytes in vitro. Toxicology In Vitro, 2006; 20(5): 608-613.
Babli Halder, Prasun Guha, Swapan Pramanick, Sibabrata Mukhopadhyay Ashok K. Giri. Antimutagenic effects of fractions of thearubigins of black tea in salmonella The Nucleus, 2006; 49 (3): 145-154
Babli Halder, Swapan Pramanick, Sibabrata Mukhopadhyay, Ashok K. Giri. Inhibition of benzo[a]pyrene induced mutagenicity and genotoxicity by black tea polyphenols theaflavins and thearubigins in multiple test systems. Food and Chemical Toxicology. 2005; 43(4): 591-597.
- Journal of Medicinal Food
- Genetic Testing and Molecular Biomarkers
- DNA and Cell Biology