Gurudas College Central Library is presently situated at the 1st floor of Golden Jubilee Building of the College and properly arranged and decorated. Total collection of books is 40,000 (approx). Besides, the College Library has many CD’s. Both open and closed access systems have been maintained simultaneously in the library.
Salient features of the Library include:
- Total number of books – 40,000 approx.
- Open access system-students are allowed to choose their books from the shelves.
- Reading room facility for journals, magazines, reference books
- Book displays, exhibition, seminars have been organized regularly
- Internet facilities to the users
- Reprographic facilities to the users
- Open Source Library Management Software Koha (version 3.16.04 on Ubuntu 12.04 customized by Bengal Library Association) has been used.
- Linkages with American Library & British Council Library.
- Seminar libraries in all Honours departments.
- Career Guidance Section is running successfully.
- College Library is a member of UGC N-List consortium
- CCTV cameras & Wi-Fi connection in College Library.
Library Hours – 10.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m (Monday to Friday) 10.30 a.m. to 2.30 p.m. (Saturday)
- Library Rules & Regulations
- Annual Reports
- Online Journals
- Online Library Catalogue
- University Question Papers
- Digital Archive
- Joydeep Chanda
(Addl. Administrative Charge, Dept. of Computer Science and Journalism)